Canada's Live-In Caregiver Program

By John Bauslaugh on January 29, 2014

Canada's Live-In Caregiver Program

Families can consider the option of employing a worker themselves. This can be done on a live-in basis for those looking for more flexibility with hours of care. The federal government's Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) is an excellent option. This work visa program allows overseas caregivers with experience and training to come to Canada and work on a live-in basis for child or elder care.

Both the family (employer) and the caregiver (employee) must follow several steps to meet the requirements of the live-in program. To find out more, please refer to the following website:


Live-in care essentially means that your support worker lives in your home with you. The idea of sharing personal living space may not appeal to all, however the benefits of

such employment (providing you find a worker that is right for you) are tremendous. For

most families who choose this route, a live-in caregiver is far more than an employee. In time, they become a friend, a confident and even an extension of the family

Back To Top

By John Bauslaugh| January 29, 2014

About the Author

John Bauslaugh

John Bauslaugh

John has been reporting on home health care and independent living for over ten years. In addition to extensive research, John writes on important issues from personal experience.

Add A Comment


Allowed HTML: <b>, <i>, <u>, <a>


Copyright © Agility Inc. 2018